Breaking the Silence - a Silent Disco Supporting Recovery and Suicide Prevention
Date & Time
Sponsored by Mental Health America of Fredericksburg
Narcan training and dispensing - PLUS a Silent Disco hosted by DJ Cathy, and we’ll end the night with a Taylor Swift Happy Hour!
Silent Disco participants listen to music through wireless headphones rather than traditional loudspeakers. Attendees dance and enjoy the music while wearing headphones, creating a visually surreal scene where dancers are immersed in their own world of music. The DJ can play different styles of music simultaneously, offering a diverse and personalized experience for each participant. There are a limited number of headphone tickets, so sign up quickly! To register: https://mhafva.networkforgood.com/events/59949-silent-disco
There will be food, vendors, a 50/50 raffle, and activities for the kids - join in, even if you are not into disco dancing.
A fun, family-friendly event:
- Celebrating survivors - those struggling with suicide ideation and attempts
- Honoring those who lost someone to suicide
- Honoring the memories of those who died by suicide
- Amplifying voices demanding more suicide prevention and recovery resources for our community
- Encouraging conversations that remove the stigma surrounding mental health
All donations raised during this event stay here in our local community, funding programs for teens living in the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.